The burden of proof. When you've been injured through the negligence or wrongdoing of someone else, you may be entitled to compensation for damages, including medical expenses, property loss, lost income and pain and suffering.
Petsas Law, a criminal defense law firm serving San Mateo and the San Francisco Bay area, has 30 years of experience battling charges of criminal offense on behalf of our clients.
The founding partner of the Law Office of K.J. Petsas, PC, K.J. Petsas has made a lifelong mission of serving the people of California not only as an attorney but also notably through his military service as a Marine before, during and after Vietnam. K.J. served three years on active duty and 22 years as a reservist, receiving numerous awards and honors for his bravery and leadership. Prior to establishing his own law office, he worked at an insurance defense firm and as a deputy district attorney. K.J.’s previous skills as a prosecutor additionally affords him a unique perspective and advantage when defending clients in his criminal defense practice, an area of the law in which he has 30 years’ experience. K.J. employs in his practice of law the belief in accurate intelligence gathering, full preparation and providing his clients with realistic problem-solving alternatives. His military background coupled with his training and experience as a trial lawyer is used in the evaluation of every new client case.
- California, 1976
- Southwestern University School of Law, J.D., 1975
- American Jurisprudence Award, Civil Procedure
- One-Third Tuition Scholarship, 1971, 1975
- Top One-Third of Class
- Night Vice-President, Student Bar Association
- President, Phi Alpha Delta
- Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities, 1973-1974, 1974-1975
- Second Year Class Representative, Student Bar Association
- University of San Francisco, B.A. in Political Science and Philosophy, 1967
- Scholarship, Junior Year
- Secretary, St. Ives Honor Law Society, 1966-1967
- St. Ives Honor Law Society Award, Graduating Senior
- Class President, 1964-1965
- Student Leader Pep Band, 1965-1967
- Head Cheerleader, 1966-1967
- Commissioned as a second lieutenant in United States Marine Corps, 1967
- Graduate of the Command and General Staff College, 1986
- Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry
- Combat Action Ribbon
- President Unit Citation (Three Stars)
- Navy Unit Citation
- Marine Unit Citation
- Vietnamese Service Medal
- National Defense Medal
- Vietnamese Campaign Medal
Contact K.J. Petsas today
Serving clients in San Mateo and the San Francisco Bay area, the personal injury and criminal law attorneys at the Law Office of K.J. Petsas, PC offer the experience and attentive counsel you need to tackle defense of your criminal charges or pursue justice against those liable for your injuries. We are conveniently located in South San Francisco and encourage you to give us a call at 650.624.8155 or contact us online to take advantage of our free initial consultation. We return all calls within 12 hours.
Don't let the heat of the moment fog your thinking and lead you down the wrong path to your family's future.
Mediation is an option available to a husband and wife who wish to obtain a divorce and it may not require either party to make any court appearances.